How to read data from local repository?

DDresenDDresen Member Posts: 10 Contributor I
Hey there,

I'm using the 'store' operator to store a csv file into my local repository. Everything works fine and when I use the 'retrieve' operator it can access the created file just as its supposed to be. But when I use the 'execute python' operator in which the code tries to read the .csv by the path I copied from the file in my local repository by clicking 'copy location to clipboard' it says that the file doesn't exist. How can I access the file by the 'execute python' operator? 
If I can access it just by connecting the 'retrieve' operator to the 'execute python' - how do I call the output of 'retrieve' in the python code?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

historically (before RM 9.7) RapidMiner used it's own serialization format (.ioo). This is written in java code and it was not possible to read those files with other systems or programming languages (or not easily). You would need to use a write csv operator and then read the csv.

This changed now with 9.7. In 9.7 we changed our serialization format from .ioo to .rmhdf5tables for tables. hdf5 is a standard file format which we use to store. To make exactly your use case easier.
    The way how we store data into hdf5 is a bit different to what pandas expects. So if I remember this correctly, you need to use our own python lib for this.

@tkenez can you help me with the details here?

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany