Options

How to Use XLM from these Forums

SkyTraderSkyTrader Member Posts: 88 Contributor II
edited August 2020 in Help
Hi,

Often I see XML code (but not an rmp attachment for the code) but how do I physically get that written out code I see posted in a forum post into RM?

I have the XML window open in RM and I have read Ingo's post: https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/32606/import-xml-code-to-process

I've tried pasting the code into the XML field I have as a window in the bottom of my RM but it couldn't/don't know how to get it to save. I also tried pasting it into a Text Editor and changing the extension but that didn't work when I tried to import it?

Also when exporting a process I've selected why do I have to give it a name? It already has a name, why isn't that populated in the blank field (where I placed my question mark) when I want to just export a specific XML to my desktop? Pls see image:

Thanks for any help,
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    Hi @SkyTrader

Have you double checked point 5. in Ingos instructions? It sounds that you didn't submitted the changes you copied in the xml panel to the actual process. After submitting (clicking on the green checkmark). You should be able to switch back to the process panel, see the changed process and save it.

Best regards,
    Fabian
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hi Fabian, @tftemme

Cheers, I selected my own Processes folder by highlighting it to save the XML there, but it got saved to the main RM process folder!

Edit:
    When I used your XML code from https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/55506/how-to-use-arima-with-forecast-validation-and-optimize-parameters-operator

It did produce the Optimise operator from the XML code but when I added the Retrieve operator and set its file path it’s giving this warning? - Pls se image:

• Options
    Hi Fabian, @tftemme

I tried adding my own Optimise operator into the ARIMA process:

and got this warning:

Why is ARIMA giving me this warning that the values of p and q are set at 0 when they’re not?

Also What happened to the training and test divisions (which are part of Forecast Validation but not the Optimise operator) and should I still add a Performance Regression operator?

Cheers for any help,
    Best Sky Trader,

• Options
    tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    Hi,

The error message clearly says, that the process you want to execute with the Execute Process operator is not existing. Please check the process location parameter. If unsure how the operator works, please check the help text of the operator.

For the Optimize Operator, please check the help text of the operator to check what the operator does and why the error messages occurs.

Best regards,
    Fabian