Why is RM pulling in a Excel column when that column has already been deleted?

SkyTraderSkyTrader Member Posts: 88 Contributor II
edited September 2020 in Help
Hi there, 
I have no idea what is going on here. The adj. close column doesn't exist in my Excel file on my computer so why is RM  pulling in an Excel column when that column has already been deleted and I only have one copy of that file and it has NO adj close?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello,

Are you sure that the column has been deleted and not hidden? Just in case, because those two are different features.

All the best!
  • SkyTraderSkyTrader Member Posts: 88 Contributor II
    edited September 2020
    Hi @rfuentealba

The adj close column had definitely been deleted. I went to reimport the file again this morning and it still shows as an extra column? I even tried hiding it via the import wizard. I don't want that column yet RM thinks it's still exists. 

Does RM have a cache issue?

Looking further into the import issue I see this warning -- pls see image. There is also a Date issue which is strange as this Excel file (FTSE) has the date set to "Short" in Excel just as the other files (eg Dow Jones) and the Dow file didn't ever throw up a warning?

Cheers,

edited September 2020
    This software has caching issue even after quitting and relaunching and reimporting?
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    No, it doesn't unless you import the data to IO objects.
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @rfuentealba
    What is an IO object please?
    I've been importing using the Read Excel (because I'm regularly updating my Excel with new data) and the import wizard. Surely if I do a fresh import and locate the file on my Macbook (with the column deleted) it shouldn't be appearing like a "ghost" column still?
    Cheers,
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    as mentioned several times, if you change the schema of your excel file then you need to either edit the meta data manually or run the wizard again.
    An IOObject is 'anything which can run through a connection'. Like a table, model, performance etc.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany