Logistic Regression to Exampleset operator from Converters extension is not working now

lanemlanem Member, University Professor Posts: 29 Maven
edited September 2020 in Help
Dear Colleagues
I noticed a bug with Converters extension operator Logistic Regression to Exampleset operator recently where it does not work now with RapidMiner 9.7 does not work in the example I first tried with  North Textbook Chapter 9 Logistic Regression example and I then noticed the tutorial example for this operator does not work either

Previously in earlier version of RapidMiner Studio this Converters Operator was working fine!

Any advice on the above would be welcome
Best regards Michael

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    can you try Linear Regression to ExampleSet on this?
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • lanemlanem Member, University Professor Posts: 29 Maven
    Hi Martin thank you for quick response but I am wanting to use the Logistic Regression to ExampleSet for this one and it does not appear to be working correctly now even with the RapidMiner embedded Tutorial example best regards Michael
    This converter extensions operator Logistic Regression to Exampleset does not appear to be working now
    Let me know if I am missing something here regards Michael
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Ianem,
    once again, can you please try the Linear Regression to Example Set operator, despite the fact that its called Linear Regression and not Logistic Regression.
    Best,
    Martin

Dortmund, Germany
    Hi Martin I tried your suggestion to use the Linear Regression to Exampleset converter extension operator but it still does not work and still gives an error I can provide couple examples of the processes I am using drawing on the North Textbook Chapter 9 Logistic Regression Example any help or suggestions how to fix this error message alternative I have noted that one can simply edit and copy the table output of logistic regression model from RapidMiner to a spreadsheet file best regards Michael
    Dear Colleagues
    Logistic regression to exampleset operator (Converters extension) still does not work although there is a workaround where you can use the Linear regression to exampleset operator to get the same result

Are there any plans to fix this logistic regression to exampleset operator from the converters extension currently this does not work???

Any advice/feedback on the above would be most welcome

Best regards Michael
    Hi,
    are you sure you are on the newest version? I am pretty sure I fixed it.. Maybe we just forgot to release it.

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    Hi Martin
    I am using RapidMiner Studio Version 9.9.000 and Converters extension 0.9.000 so I think I am using the latest version of RapidMiner Studio and latest converters extension installed maybe it has been missed in this release as I mentioned there is a workaround using the Linear Regression Model to Exampleset operator as it has the same model outputs

It is just that Logistic Regression Model to Exampleset does not currently work and if you try the RapidMiner Studio tutorial provided with this operator you will see that this is the case

Best regards Michael
    Hi @lanem ,
    i checked our code base. The fix will be released with the next version. This is either this or next week.

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany