Parameterizing SQL Query

bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist
edited November 2018 in Knowledge Base

RapidMiner read database operator provides ability to read data from most data sources that provide JDBC/ODBC connectivity. It is also possible to parametrize the queries using RapidMiner  Macros.The video shows a simple example of using RapidMiner  macros along with  "Read Database" operator. The operation also supports use of "prepared queries" .

The following video demonstrates the use of macros to parametrize queries.

Tagged:

Comments

• JCPYJCPY Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hi @bhupendra_patil, the video is not available, can you update the link? Thanks a lot!

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @JCPY ,
    not sure where this video went. But we can have a chat about this if you want to. Just connect with me at mschmitz at rapidminer.com

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • JCPYJCPY Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz, I had some problem while doing this, I was connecting the set macros operator directly with the Read Database operator, that returned an error. At the end I placed the the Read database operator in a subprocess and voila! it's working!
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @JCPY ,
    you need to be a bit careful with Set Macro and Execution orders. Likely the Read Database was executed before Set Macro. See https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/31780/change-the-execution-order-of-processes

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany