I want to combine multiple data.

furufurufurufuru Member Posts: 3 Learner I
edited October 2020 in Help
Hello,
I started to learn rapid miner recently. 
I want to combine multiple data. I import 10 excel files, so I want to combine these files into one. 'Join' operator connect only two files.  It's annoying to connect one by one. Please tell me efficient method.
Sorry, I'm not good at English.
Thank you

Best Answers

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @furufuru

I would recommend using the 'Turbo Prep' feature in RapidMiner Studio to make it much easier to Join 10 excel files.
    https://rapidminer.com/products/turbo-prep/

Cheers,
    Pavithra
  • yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @furufuru  welcome to RapidMiner community.
    The joining of 10 different data set is doable with "loop". I am listing step by step SUDO codes that might be useful 

1. remember your 1st table, "remember" operator, name it Merged_Tab
    2. join your 1st and 2nd table with some keys, you will need "recall" to bring the 1st table and "remember" the joined results, name it the same Merged_Tab
    3. repeat step2 as you always have any updated Merged_Tab and a new table, keep joining the new tables
    4. finish up for all 10 tables
    Before you execute the loop, you could load all data into repository and "loop repository" will automatically take each table as input for each iteration. The important thing is to "remember" the joined results from two inputs for each iteration i, and "recall" the the joined table for the next iteration i+1

Hope it helps.

YY

Answers