Best practise for allocated memory settings

bojana_trisicbojana_trisic Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
Hello,

We have medium license for RapidMiner Server (64 GB), what would you recommend for Sever Memory and Job Container memory setting?

I am having a problem with out of memory error, even though I am dealing with relatively non-demanding processes. Nevertheless, process sometimes finishes and sometimes breaks, on the same data set. 

I am suspecting there is a problem with job container, as it has been killed forcefully. After this had , job run fine. 

Thank you in advance,
B.

Best Answer

Answers

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    @bojana_trisic it the depends on your use case remember that RM Server uses the memory left from your sever so you need to make sure there is 64GB exclusively for RM.

After that remember that schedule tasks and process sent to the server are solved by the Queues and its agents. 
    An each agent takes up to the maximum amount of memory you configured. So if you have 8 agents with 8GB when the server asigns them jobs you'll be using all the memory of your license

RapidMiner Server Memory is used for the apps and web services so again (I let it use up to 12GB since most of my work is donde through agents).

And you should take into consideration that RM works with a backend Database so that DB is also demanding some Ram depending on the complexity of your queries. 

I hope this shows you some light on what to look for. 
    Let me know if you need any help with the configuration. You could also ask for help in the enterprise support they have helped me a lot  during my journey with RapidMiner.
  • bojana_trisicbojana_trisic Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi @MarcoBarradas

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Server is used exclusively for RM, and we do not have web services or apps currently.  1 container, 1 agent. 

ow can I check the amount of memory used by container? 

What would you recommend for Sever Memory and Job Container memory setting?

Thank you,
    Bojana
  • bojana_trisicbojana_trisic Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thank you, @MarcoBarradas

This gives me some idea how to create setup that suits our needs. 

I have just one more question, how much memory do you assign for Server itself (not the containers)?

Regards,
    Bojana