Options

Cannot connect to marketplace

GlenGlen Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi everyone. I am having issues connecting to marketplace to install extensions through rapid-miner Studio. My firewalls are turned on as well.  I have tried alternate ways to download the textfile but my mac is not finding the extensions tab on my user hardrive to place the JAR File. Any recommendations? Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    You can download extensions from this web site:
    While I am not a Mac user, I understand that OsX is simply a Linux machine - I am a Linux RM user so it should be similar. Once you download a JAR file, you can drop it in your RM user home folder, which most likely can be found in:
    • [name of hard drive] -> Users -> [user] -> .RapidMiner
    However, as the folder is hidden, you may need to find .RapidMiner through the Finder. Inside there is a folder called "extensions" - this is where you can drop in the manually downloaded extension (there is another folder with extensions called "managed" but it is better not to touch it). Just restart your RapidMiner and the next time it starts up it should find the extension. Note that extensions from the "extensions" folder will not be managed by RapidMiner - you will be responsible for doing so!

Good luck.