Bug Reports: Error in loading excel file

trioktaptrioktap Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited November 2020 in Help
I have an error in loading excel file, it stated that there was an error during executing the background job. Here is the detail of the error:
  • Exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
  • Stack trace:
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.xlsx.XlsxNumberFormats.setCellNumberFormatId(XlsxNumberFormats.java:65)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.xlsx.XlsxNumberFormatParser.parseNumberFormats(XlsxNumberFormatParser.java:144)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.xlsx.XlsxResultSet.(XlsxResultSet.java:248)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.xlsx.XlsxResultSet.(XlsxResultSet.java:329)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.xlsx.XlsxSheetTableModel.(XlsxSheetTableModel.java:113)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.ExcelResultSetConfiguration.createExcelTableModel(ExcelResultSetConfiguration.java:216)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.nio.model.ExcelResultSetConfiguration.createExcelTableModel(ExcelResultSetConfiguration.java:193)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.io.data.internal.file.excel.ExcelSheetSelectionPanelModel$1.loadTableModel(ExcelSheetSelectionPanelModel.java:212)
  • com.rapidminer.studio.io.data.internal.file.excel.ExcelSheetSelectionPanelModel$1.run(ExcelSheetSelectionPanelModel.java:176)
  • com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$3.run(ProgressThread.java:586)
  • java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
  • java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
  • java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Best Answer

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Loan_Nguyen56 please open you file with excel and remove all the columns after the last data point. I had the same problem opening it but deleting the blank columns and the blank rows fixed the problem. That happens if you open it with the upload assistant.
    You woun't have the same problem if you use the read excel operator. 

Answers

• David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research

I guess you can't simply share the file with us?
    But can you say if there are any unusually cells in the file? My first guess from the error message would be, that there is a problem parsing some numbers in a cell.

Best,
    David
  • Loan_Nguyen56Loan_Nguyen56 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    I have the same problem with Loading Excel file. However, difference error massage. How can I fix this error because the first time I try to use rapidminer. Thanks for your support.

• Loan_Nguyen56Loan_Nguyen56 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Hi @MarcoBarradas, Thank you for your instruction.