Predicting Integer Values Neural Network

MF_HussainMF_Hussain Member Posts: 5 Learner I
Hello all!
I am a beginner at this and trying to utilize Neural Network model for prediction. I have been able to execute and get the results. My label is fixed to obtain integer values from 2 to 24, however the predicted values are taking any possible values. I wish to limit the prediction to integer values only. Can someone please guide me what to do, I read in another blog about rounding but I wish to use the network for predicting integers.

Best Answer

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You would not be able to do this as long as you are trying to predict it as a numerical label, although you could simply round the resulting prediction as you noted.
    The only way to get it to predict integers would be to treat the label as a nominal class instead of numerical, in which case it would only predict the actual labels you have in the dataset.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• MF_HussainMF_Hussain Member Posts: 5 Learner I
    @Telcontar120 let me try that .. and thanks a lot for replying
    While my analysis is running can you help me in one more thing. I am trying to use Loop to plot epoch per training cycle is my approach right? @Telcontar120
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    The base Neural Net operator doesn't really allow investigation of the details of each epoch but the Deep Learning extension does, so I encourage you to check that out.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
    Thanks for the headsup