workflow rpm file wont open using rapidminer, how can I possibly open it?

sharonrsharonr Member Posts: 3 Newbie
I have been trying to open a workflow that was done by a friend of mine, but cannot open it. I cannot seem to figure out what the problem could be because I saved it under the local repository.

Answers

• jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    edited December 2020
    I had no problems opening your file. If you saved it within the folders of the local repository, then make sure you RapidMiner can navigate to the process within the Repository Pane and you try opening it by clicking on that process. If you cannot see the process you may need to refresh the repository to see the file, or just quite RapidMiner and restart it. By the way, what is the error message you are getting when opening the file? 
  • sharonrsharonr Member Posts: 3 Newbie
    It says error while loading from location//local repository/data/H1 workflow. cannot parse document:premature end of file
    It seems the file may be corrupted. Try downloading that file again from its source and place it in a new repository location. Your hard disk may be damaged? I had no problems opening the file. 
    edited December 2020
    Another way of doing this is as follows. Start RapidMiner, go to menu and View panel called XML. You can position it anywhere on the screen, it shows the XML representation of the process, delete its content. Now open that RapidMiner file you received, the one which gives you trouble, in a text editor, copy its contents, and paste into the blank XML panel. Make sure that it has <?xml...> statement at the top and the closing </process> statement at the end. Now it is important to save the XML by clicking a small green tick mark in its top left corner. When you do this the RapidMiner process panel will suddenly show the new process which you have received from your colleague. Save it in your repository and start using it. You may need to change it to get data from the correct location. 
  • sharonrsharonr Member Posts: 3 Newbie
    Okay, it doesnt show the new process from my colleague.
    After you paste in the XML text in, make sure you click the little green button which looks like a tick mark in the upper left corner of the XML panel.