Hi, is there any way to '' format '' the rapidminer?

GeorgeOik1999GeorgeOik1999 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
I found my self facing some techical troubles such as : error on creating repository ( valid values ) or '' can not creat a folder ''. I decided that it is better to delete some repositories from my pc folders but I only maanged to make thinks more complicated. 
Any feedback will be helpful
George.

Best Answers

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You could always reinstall your rapidminer version if things went really wrong, but normally your repos should not really influence your application as it is in essence just a bunch of text files.

You could create a new repository and copy the things that still work from old to new and then remove te 'broken' ones, but if you could provide some more details on what is actually wrong we might also be able to fix things instead. 
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    you can delete the whole .RapidMiner folder in your users folder. All information and stuff is stored there. If you then uninstall RM and install it again you get a blank RM.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• GeorgeOik1999GeorgeOik1999 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Thank you for your feedbacks. This capture specifies my problem. Despite the fact that I deleted all my files in the repository folder, I'd like to create a new one refered to rapidminer files, so every time I create a new local repository it will be automatic saved in RM/folder. 

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Can you please try it without a .? . is usually not a good idea in folder names.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    Still doesn't work. I will try to delete the folder as you mentioned above. 
    Thank your for your time. 
    Hi again, I did the mistake to delete the rapidminer repositories which were created with my first instalation. Now im working ina folder on desktop but this makes some operators and data not prortable. To exemplify , optimization parameters stacks at 25% and my retrieves has a yellow signal about the sharing process portability. How can i create a repository similar to the first provided by RM studio? 
    Thanks in advance.