Create new connections for Aylien and Rosette

qchungqchung Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
How do I create new connections in RapidMiner Studio 9.3 for Aylien and Rosette? Which connection type should I choose? I understand Aylien is no longer supported, but both Aylien and Rosette worked just a few months ago in the previous release. Is there a way to convert "legacy connections" of Aylien and Rosette into new connections? Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• qchungqchung Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    Thanks! Hearing that RapidMiner hasn't finished migration of old connections gave me a great relief, because it implies it will happen soon - if not done already. 
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Just a heads up: Aylien/Rosette are 3rd party extensions, they are not maintained by RapidMiner. We have converted all our supported extensions by now and made them available on the Marketplace.

Regards,
    Marco
  • bimatirtabimatirta Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    I would like to analyze sentiment with Twitter data. But there is no Rosette or Aylien in the marketplace. What is your solution for me?
  • bimatirtabimatirta Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    I just make a connection and still can't read the connection. Please help me!
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    The reason those extensions are no longer available in the Marketplace is because the vendors who originally created them have not updated them to be compatible with the latest version of RapidMiner. You should look at some of the current alternatives. If you want to do a simple sentiment analysis you can use the operator created by RapidMiner to do this (it is part of the free Operator Toolbox extension).
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts