Giving generated Clusters a semantic meaning

Muhammed_Fatih_Muhammed_Fatih_ Member Posts: 93 Maven
Dear RM-Community, 

which possibilities does Rapid Miner offer with regard to the content based analysis of generated Clusters? My goal is to give the respective clusters a sense. Clusters could be generated, but it is currently unknown what the cluster groups hide in detail. 

Which methods or rather operators does RapidMiner offer? What did you use? What is your experience? 

I thank you in advance for your hints and feedback! 

Best regards

Fatih
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Muhammed_Fatih_Muhammed_Fatih_ Member Posts: 93 Maven
    Hi Community, 
    Hi @mschmitz

the consideration of Decision Trees in oder to describe detected Cluster patterns is definitely an interesting approach which I have also targeted. But there is for sure not one and only option to describe patterns. Hence, I am interested in the variability and different methodological ways of describing methods. 

I am generally interested in e.g. white box algorithms that ensure the prescriptive understanding of structural patterns. As an example, the literature mainly describes Topic Modeling and Concept Extraction approaches to describe the underlying content of Clusters. 

Are there other methodological possibilities that are offered by Rapid Miner? Has anyone had any experience with Topic Modeling and Concept Extraction? 

Best regards, 

Fatih  
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    i think you want to check my favourite text mining operator: Extract Topcis (LDA).

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Muhammed_Fatih_Muhammed_Fatih_ Member Posts: 93 Maven
    Hi @mschmitz

many thanks for your feedback!

Do you know if RapidMiner also offers operators for the Log Likelihood Ratio (LLR), LSI, PLSA as extended Topic Modeling and Concept Extraction techniques? I couldn't find operators or rather extensions refering to those approaches.

Best regards, 

Fatih