Options

process documents from files

wclasterwclaster Member, University Professor Posts: 43 University Professor
Hello. I used the "process documents from files" from the text processing library.

In the results view, if I check the text column, it seems that there is only a portion of each file.

Is this some sort of abbreviated view, but actually the entire file is stored there or is it likely that I have not entered the parameters correctly?

I am attaching the xml file. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Options
    kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You indeed just get a preview, if you want to see the whole content you can copy the field (or the whole range) and paste it in your favorite text editor, this will show the full content.

Answers

• Options
    jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 279 RM Engineering
    Hi William,

I don't have the data that you read, but the Results table only shows the first line.
    You could Replace "\s" with a single space " " to have a better overview.

Otherwise the tooltip also shows multiple lines.

Greetings,
    Jonas
  • Options
    wclasterwclaster Member, University Professor Posts: 43 University Professor
    Thanks for the help. I am not sure I understand. I am attaching a screenshot. I pressed F3 to keep the view of a particular text field visible. What is in that view is only a small part of the text in the file with Student ID  11420050. My question was, does this view show the entire text read in or is it just the first line (or some small sample)?