Options

Twitter Academic Research Dev Account

renanpwagnerrenanpwagner Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is using the Twitter Academic Research Dev account to stream tweets using the Twitter connector here on RapidMiner. I was planning to collect historical tweets using the Academic Research Dev account but I am unsure if that is possible or not
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    edited March 2021
    I worked with it once. 
    in order to have access to the desired data I wrote an explanation of data type and amount in my academic account request. 
    I obtained the complete access without problem. 
    My recomendation is to ask to twitter team about the dataset access. If you have access to the dataset you can use Twitter operator from Rapidminer.

regards
  • Options
    renanpwagnerrenanpwagner Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    thanks for the answer. I got access already, but the twitter connector operator here on RapidMiner does not seem to have the parameters that academic dev accounts are able to access (ie historical tweets) [or at least I haven't figured out how to do it]. Let's say that I wanted to collect all tweets from August 2018 from a specific user, what would be the configuration on the connector?
  • Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @renanpwagner

Hi, 
    An easy option to to that is using the Get Twitter User Statuses operator and then with the FIlter Expamples operator filter by Created-At Atribute.

Regards