combining multiple columns into single column

AnushaAnusha Member Posts: 19 Maven
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to combine the necessary columns with a delimiter as "," into a single column, but I'm unable to do that. can anyone please help me?

eg: input data: no of columns=5
reg no      text1      text2     text3         text4
1               an         apple     keeps       away
2               The        sun       rises         in

required output: no of columns=2

reg no       full text
1               an, apple, keeps, away
2                The, sun, rises, in

Thanks in Advance!

Best Answer

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    edited April 2021 Solution Accepted
    @Anusha, Try as with attached. The aggregate operator contains a 'hidden' concatenation option which does exactly what you want.
    It's comma separated now, but you can easily change the comma to |: or whatever you prefer.

Answers

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    The aggregate operator allows you to concatenate multiple columns, seperated by any token you like. 
  • AnushaAnusha Member Posts: 19 Maven
    @kayman, aggregator combines row values but my requirement is combining column values to form a single column. by the way, can you please show, In aggregator where can we change the concatenation separator, the default one "|" but I want to change that to "|:", is it possible?
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    @Anusha I think the operator you want for this is Generate Concatenation.
    This combines values from separate attributes into a single attribute, and you can also specify the separator character(s) you want to use between them.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts