Column Sum and summarize Rows - Help -

StudentNeedHelpStudentNeedHelp Member Posts: 7 Newbie

Hello everybody,

I'm new to RapidMiner and I just can't get any further ...

My goal is simple, but i can´t achieve it:

1. I would like to summarize rows that have the same article number (see column 5, lines 1 and 2) --> Column 6 should be 2400 in one line, because of the same Article Number?

2. I would like to include a column with the percentage values. For this I have to divide the value of, for example, 5596 (1 column, 3 row) by the total value of this column 1 -> 17,500, but I can´t use the sum of the column? How can I use a column sum with the aggregate attribute operator?

Sorry, I'm completely new here and don't know how to help myself.

I thank you in advance for your effort!

Best regards

David

Best Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    propably you want to first aggregate the Menge and then join the original ones back on it.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    usually i use Extract Macro to extract max(value) and then Generate Attributes to divide by it.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• StudentNeedHelpStudentNeedHelp Member Posts: 7 Newbie

Thank you Martin! With that I was able to solve the first problem!

Now only the percentage calculation of values ​​is missing. How can I calculate the ratio of each cell to the total? So in this example the value of 2.00 / 14.00 = (14.29%) value in column "Percentage"

I cannot calculate the percentages as in the red column because I cannot use the total value of the column? How do I use a column sum value (-> 14,00) in the Generate Aggregation?

Many Thanks.

Best

David

• StudentNeedHelpStudentNeedHelp Member Posts: 7 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Martin! It works!