Options

How run rapidminer in backgorund from command line

AmekAmek Member Posts: 8 Newbie
Hello, I run process from the command line:
rapidminer-batch.bat -f DIRECTORY/process.rmp from c# code and it takes a lot of time for example running this process from GUI takes 4-5s but in command line about 35-40s. Is there any way to have Studio running in the background so that it doesn't have to be started up every time a process is executed from the command line?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

thats what we have our AI Hub with always-on JVMs for. Also please keep license agreements in mind when using the CLI.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I installed AI Hub and run it. Now how I can change this line: rapidminer-batch.bat -f DIRECTORY/process.rmp to run it in ai hub?
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Likely you want to expose the process as a WS which submit into the queue. I would recommend that you connect to your customer success manager so we can have a look together.
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I created web service and it runs my process. But its possible to change process file in this service? 
  • Options
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Now it works thanks! But I have another problem, lets say I have about 10k processes it's possible to store them in ai hub and run automatically? Or Can I change process file in created web service? I want run this service 10k times but each time with a different file process
  • Options
    Hi,
    you could just use a macro for the path you want to write. Those get translated to GET-Parameters and then you can sent different parameters from your C#-Code. Be sure not to kill the server with 10k requests though.

~Martin
    Dortmund, Germany