Changing Color of +/- class labels

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey Guys,

Is there any way to change the color map that RM uses for 2 classes. Blue and red is fine, but I want to have my negative class samples be red and my positive class samples be blue. I am not able to make this happen when plotting.  ???

-Gagi

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you can change this in the RapidMiner Settings. Select Tools/Preferences, go to the Gui tab and exchange Rapidminer.gui.plotter.legend.maxcolor and mincolor. This should do the trick.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Thanks for letting me know, however this will change all my plots and I want this to be plot specific.

Is there any way to select a color-map for each specific plot?

Howe does RM choose coloring for binomial features? Is there a labeling scheme I can use to ensure it would color one label red and another blue?

Thanks,
    -Gagi
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

I think this operator should help you for your particular problem (in RM 5):

"Remap Binominals"

Just define the "negative" and the "positive" classes for the selected attribute before you create the plot should do the trick without changing the global coloring scheme.

We had several improvements for the plotting mechanism on our agenda for RM 5, including the definition of colors for classes, but we decided to move them to RM 5.1 in order to finalize the release of 5.0.

Cheers,
    Ingo

Thanks! This will be most helpful!  ;D
    Hey Ingo,

The remap binomial operator does not do what I expect.

I have a nominal label feature called "slow" and "fast". The binomial remap will not detect this feature since it is of type nominal even though it is binary valued either "fast" or "slow". If I use nominal to binomial I am left with 2 features with true/false attribute values which is not exactly what I had in mind.

Is there any way to use the Remap Binomial on nominal features that only take 2 values?

Thanks,
    -Gagi
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Gagi,
    just uncheck the "transform_binominal" parameter. Then it will work.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    I have tried this again and still no luck.

1. My labels are Fast/Slow. The attribute has value called nominal, not binomial.

When I convert to binomial without transform_binomial checked nothing happens. The remap operator does not remap the nominal attributes.

-Gagi
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi Gagi,

I see from your posts that you like things to be exact; there is no such thing as a binomial attribute in Rapidminer, in which binominal attributes contain only true or false values.
    Right,

This seems to be preventing me from selecting a color map for the plots. As of now I am relying on Matlab (ugh) to plot everything. As I have been using Matlab for years to generate clean plots I have come to rely on having control of color maps font sizes and axis labels. Hopefully RM will integrate some of these features soon.

-Gagi ;)
    Hi Gagi,
    it's on our road map for the later 5.x releases.

Greetings,
      Sebastian