I want to copy data from one column into another column of same dataset. What operator to use

Somnath_DasSomnath_Das Member Posts: 31 Maven
I do not want to create a new column using generate attribute.

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

you can use Generate Attributes and just enter the name of the attribute you're overwriting. This won't create a new attribute but work on the existing one. 

Regards,

Balázs

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    why not Generate Attribute? Its usually good.

Otherwise - there is a Generate Copy operator.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Somnath_DasSomnath_Das Member Posts: 31 Maven
    I don't want to create unnecessary fields and then again have to remove them using select attribute. Have checked Generate Copy but that is alo creating a new column. Am not able to copy the data from one column to another
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    then I do not understand what you want to do, can you maybe give an example?
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany