Options

How to use a counter to count the numbers of times loop_2 ran if its inside a loop_1.

Himanshu_PantHimanshu_Pant Member Posts: 46 Contributor I
I have a loop: loop example (loop_21). Inside that I have a simple loop (loop_2 ). I want keep a counter inside loop_2 and append the output. 
For Example: Loop_1 runs three times and loop_2 runs four times. So I want count = 1, count = 2, count = 3, .......upto, count = 12

Best Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Have a look at your loop (Loop 2) operator do you have the box "Enable Parallel Execution" ticked?  This may throw off your counter as the loop will be executing in multiple threads.  If you uncheck this box it will perform one loop and then the next one, this should resolve your issue. 
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    that's likely because of the parallel execution? Did you try to turn it off?
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Can you just use the macro %{a} which gives you the current execution count of an operator?

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    If I am putting it in first loop, its working fine. But in second loop counter is not proper its going 1, 2 then 4 then 3 then 5...
  • Options
    Yes, I did. It worked. Thank you.