Repository Location For API

bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2019 in Help
There is probably an obvious solution to this, but I am at a loss. I am trying to read data from a repository into an operator. Everything works well in the GUI. I am trying to build an application using the RapidMiner API.  I have taken the generated XML and used it in the constructor for the process class. When I call the run method an exception is thrown. This is the error message:

"Cannot retrieve repository data from entry '//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData'. Reason: Entry '//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData' does not exist "

This is the operator XML
<operator activated="true" class="retrieve" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="45" y="75">
      <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData"/>
      </operator>

I have tried the absolute path of the repository  and i get the error message:
Cannot resolve relative repository location '/Users/Brett/Documents/RapidMiner/newdata/TrainingData'. Process is not associated with a repository.

I am using RapidMiner 5.0 under Windows Vista

Answers

• bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I solved it. I needed to create a LocalRepository and add it to the Respository manager.  Of course this is done automatically in the RapidMiner GUI.
  • catchyoulatercatchyoulater Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    bmd123 wrote:

I solved it. I needed to create a LocalRepository and add it to the Respository manager.  Of course this is done automatically in the RapidMiner GUI.
    I met the same problem, and I tried what you said, but it failed,why? Here are the code:
    //------------------------------------------------------
    File localRe = new File("E:\\cup\\proc\\ProgramXML");
    LocalRepository local = new LocalRepository("local",localRe);
    RepositoryManager.getInstance(null).addRepository(local);
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I am running into this problem as well. What is the procedure for creating a local repository without using a GUI?

-Gagi  ???
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as always it would help to know how it fails...So any exception? Or is just a null returned? What does the log say?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I have solved my problems and highlighted the procedure in this thread:

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,2385.0.html

-Gagi  :D