Optimization

TiloHTiloH Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 2021 in Help
Hello all,

I am currently writing my bachelor thesis in the field of 3D printing and the optimization of the process. For this, I would like to generate an evaluation of my Independent Variables (print time and tensile strength) with 5 print parameters (speed, layer height,... ). 
This includes, for example, an optimization of the 5 printing parameters in relation to the above-mentioned independent variables. 

The process:

-Partial factorial experimental design with parameter sets and 6 replications (96 data sets).
-Tensile test according to DIN EN ISO 527
-evaluation of the test results (regression or similar)

Now I am missing the optimization process for the 5 print parameters. For this purpose, the test results are to run through an optimization process with the help of Rapidminer, which will then determine the perfect parameter set for the printing time in relation to the strength based on the data. 

Since I have already spent countless hours in Rapidminer and have not found a solution to my problem, I am hoping for a tip from you on how I can map this problem in Rapidminer. Maybe you also know how it works and can help me further. 

Thank you very much and I am eagerly awaiting your reply

Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    have you checked the prescriptive optimization extension? Sounds like thats what you want to use.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany