How to show numbers - Visualization

Ellie98Ellie98 Member Posts: 27 Contributor II
Hello, 
I'm trying to download the correlation table but it's only showing the numbers if I go over it with my mouse. How do I activate to see all numbers at once? 

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Ellie98,

On my response I attached the xml of my base process and a json config file that you will use to set all the parameters for the chart.
    The changes are done on the json file, open it with any note pad software. To control the fontSize you simply change the null value to whatever number you want.
    The extract of the JSON I showed is already on the file you just need to find it. I think is line 120 of the fie.

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @Ellie98

you can "select all" by pressing Control+A in the Data or Pairwaise Table and copy to a spreadsheet. 

There's also an operator "Matrix to ExampleSet" in the Converters extension which you find in the marketplace. This gives you a table that you can easily write into a database, export into a file or operate on it any way you want in RapidMiner.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Ellie98Ellie98 Member Posts: 27 Contributor II
    @BalazsBarany That's pretty interesting, thanks!! But there isn't the same plot type like above. Can I download that too somehow? 
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @Ellie98

the picture you sent is a visualization, not a table. It would be cool to have exactly that but with the numbers, but you can't do that in Studio as far as I know.

However, if you export the matrix to a spreadsheet like Libreoffice Calc or Excel, you should be able to apply conditional formatting to get a similar display with the background of the cells coloured according to the values inside.

Regards,
    Balázs
    It worked. Am I able to cut the huge comma numbers somehow? To only show 3 numbers after a comma @BalazsBarany
    Hi,

you can often enter a format string like 0.00 to style the displayed numbers.

Regards,
    Balázs
    Hey @BalazsBarany
    Am I able to format it with Label style somehow? If I write in 0.0 I get huge numbers though

Best wishes,
    Ellie
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    edited June 2021
    Hi,

You can style the numbers by entering the following into the label format value field: {point.y:.0f}
    If you replace the 0 with a 1, you would get a fractional digit, and so on.

Regards,
    Marco
  • MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    edited June 2021
    Hi @Ellie98,

Please see if the example I'm sharing is what you expect as an output.

You'll need to install the Animated Plots extension and use the config file I'm sharing.

Whit it you have fool control and automation on the graphs and you can tweak your config in an "easy and replicable" way.

The only thing I changed from the default RM json was
        "dataLabelConfiguration" : {
            "enabled" : true,
            "format" : null,
            "style" : {
              "color" : null,
              "fontSize" : null,
              "bold" : false,
              "italic" : false
            },

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="9.9.002">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <parameter key="logverbosity" value="init"/>
        <parameter key="random_seed" value="-1"/>
        <parameter key="send_mail" value="never"/>
        <parameter key="notification_email" value=""/>
        <parameter key="process_duration_for_mail" value="30"/>
        <parameter key="encoding" value="SYSTEM"/>
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Houston Data cleaned" width="90" x="112" y="34">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Training Resources/Data/Hourly Weather/Houston Data cleaned"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_copy" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="week" width="90" x="246" y="34">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="datetime"/>
            <parameter key="new_name" value="Week"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_copy" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="month" width="90" x="380" y="34">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="datetime"/>
            <parameter key="new_name" value="DayOfWeek"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="date_to_nominal" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="Date to Nominal" width="90" x="45" y="136">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="Week"/>
            <parameter key="date_format" value="WW"/>
            <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/>
            <parameter key="locale" value="English (United States)"/>
            <parameter key="keep_old_attribute" value="false"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="date_to_nominal" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="Date to Nominal (2)" width="90" x="179" y="187">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="DayOfWeek"/>
            <parameter key="date_format" value="E"/>
            <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/>
            <parameter key="locale" value="English (United States)"/>
            <parameter key="keep_old_attribute" value="false"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="313" y="187">
            <parameter key="use_default_aggregation" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="all"/>
            <parameter key="attribute" value=""/>
            <parameter key="attributes" value=""/>
            <parameter key="use_except_expression" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="value_type" value="attribute_value"/>
            <parameter key="use_value_type_exception" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="except_value_type" value="time"/>
            <parameter key="block_type" value="attribute_block"/>
            <parameter key="use_block_type_exception" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="except_block_type" value="value_matrix_row_start"/>
            <parameter key="invert_selection" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="include_special_attributes" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="default_aggregation_function" value="average"/>
            <list key="aggregation_attributes">
              <parameter key="Temperature / Fahrenheit" value="average"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="group_by_attributes" value="DayOfWeek|Week"/>
            <parameter key="count_all_combinations" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="only_distinct" value="false"/>
            <parameter key="ignore_missings" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_attributes" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="82" name="Generate Attributes" width="90" x="447" y="187">
            <list key="function_descriptions">
              <parameter key="average(Temperature / Fahrenheit)" value="round([average(Temperature / Fahrenheit)],0)"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="keep_all" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="open_file" compatibility="9.9.002" expanded="true" height="68" name="Open File" width="90" x="313" y="340">
            <parameter key="resource_type" value="file"/>
            <parameter key="filename" value="C:/Users/MarcoBarradas/OneDrive - RapidMiner/Desktop/heatmap.json"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="animated_plots:plotHtml5" compatibility="9.9.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Plot Data" width="90" x="581" y="238">
            <parameter key="width" value="800"/>
            <parameter key="height" value="600"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve Houston Data cleaned" from_port="output" to_op="week" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="week" from_port="example set output" to_op="month" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="month" from_port="example set output" to_op="Date to Nominal" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Date to Nominal" from_port="example set output" to_op="Date to Nominal (2)" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Date to Nominal (2)" from_port="example set output" to_op="Aggregate" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Aggregate" from_port="example set output" to_op="Generate Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Generate Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_op="Plot Data" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Open File" from_port="file" to_op="Plot Data" to_port="chart configuration"/>
          <connect from_op="Plot Data" from_port="img" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>

Hey @MarcoBarradas,
     where do I have to write this in:

"dataLabelConfiguration" : {
            "enabled" : true,