How can I label points in a scatter plot, something similar to geom_label_repel in R?

MEMMMEMM Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
Hi, I am new to Rapidminer and used R for similar tasks in the past.
How can I label points in a scatter plot, something similar to geom_label_repel in R?
There are examples of labelled scatterplots I made in R on bleistift.blog but because my account is new I am not allowed to post links yet.

Best Answer

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 521 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @MEMM

you can introduce a little codeline into the show label box. {point.category}. it shows the values of x attribute.

Best.

Cesar

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 521 Unicorn
    Hi @MEMM

Into de visualization module you need to click on plot style, then label style, and finally, check the show label box. 

Best. 

Cesar
  • MEMMMEMM Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    ceaperez thank you for your reply.
    I saw that option in the visualisation module, but I want to display the name of the point stored in another column, not the actual value (example the scatterplot shows the weight of items and the name of the items should appear next to the dots). I also cannot add the column with the names to "value columns"
    , which might have been a first step (error: Cannot mix numerical, nominal, or date time columns in the same plot ('weight' and 'sname').

• MEMMMEMM Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Super, that's just what I was looking for!
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Do you know where I can read up on this, e.g. to show a label that is not in the x axis?