Context macros not being set

sectynsectyn Member Posts: 25 Maven
I am running a Rapidminer process from a Java program and passing the input as an URL. Is there any log which shows the URL that is coming to the RapidMiner process? Using Print to Console, it looks like the process context macros are not being set. Is it because the URL has not been passed to the process? My RapidMiner studio is version 9.9, but AI Hub is  version 9.8. Will this have an impact on not getting the URL parameters in my context parameters?

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

can you describe the setup in more detail?

Is the Java program calling a web service on the AI Hub? Are you using GET or POST? Are the mappings of URL parameters to process macros active in the service definition?

The service is not supposed to pass the URL to the process, but it will set the context macros if the URL parameter mapping is defined correctly.

Usually if your process is accepted by the AI Hub, it is executed correctly even if it was created with a newer Studio. 

Regards,
    Balázs
  • sectynsectyn Member Posts: 25 Maven
    The Java process is calling a web service on the AI Hub. But I am not using a GET or POST.

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    If you are calling a URL, you are normally using GET. You usually know if not.

Is the URL something like http://aihub/service or like http://aihub/service?param1=value&param2=value2 ?

The second way is the correct way to pass parameters to the service when using GET. 

Have you specified the parameter to macro mapping in the service definition?

Image shows how the parameter to macro mapping is done
    OK, this seems to be correct.

If the parameters (the names are case sensitive) really aren't arriving in the process as macros, you should open a support case. 

Regards,
    Balázs
    Finally figured out what the problem was: one of the parameters had a JSON string which was not formatted correctly - had to do with overriding the double quotes in JSON with a '\'.