Attribute Missing Error

karim_keshavjeekarim_keshavjee Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor
edited September 2021 in Help
Hi,

I'm getting an Attribute Missing Error for a Join operator:

However, the attribute is definitely there: 

Any suggestions?  I can't seem to find a similar error reported before.

Thanks,

Karim

PS.  I tried setting the role before and after the De-Pivot that came earlier.  Nothing happened.  I tried generating a new attribute called Question_ID based on the Question_ID that already exists.  No help.

Best Answers

• karim_keshavjeekarim_keshavjee Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor
    Solution Accepted
    Fixed it for now by storing the result of the previous process and retrieving it for the following process.  A bit of a silly work around, but it does work.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    Pivot, De-Pivot and Transpose is the other main source. Since every operator only knows the schema, and not the content it cannot calculate the resulting schema for such operations.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    this is only a problem, not an error. It occurs because one of the previous operators, does not report that the left hand side key attribute is in the data set. Commonly the cause is a Read Excel or Read CSV operator, where you did not use the import wizard but configured the operator manually.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • karim_keshavjeekarim_keshavjee Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor
    Hi Martin,

Nope.  I did use the Wizard.  There was no problem until I used the De-Pivot operator.  After that, it stopped recognizing the attribute.

K