Delete Attribute Within Range

yeopputrayeopputra Member Posts: 9 Learner I
Dear Rapidminer Community

I wish to delete certain attribute (column) which the value does not meet the predefined range. For example I have three attributes and want to retain the attribute that only have a value greater than 10 (in this case only column A)

A
B
C
2.0 2.0 1.0
11.0 3.0 0.0

Thank you.

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Hi @yeopputra,
    for this task you can use the Filter Examples operator. There you can configure your own rules to filter the attributes.

Best,

Cesar
  • yeopputrayeopputra Member Posts: 9 Learner I

I did tried to explore Filter Examples operator but I found it's only suitable to filter small volume of attribute (please correct if I'm wrong). Actually for this task, I have more than 300 attributes(columns) that I wish to filter. Is there any approach that I can use so that I can filter all the attributes in one operation?
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @yeopputra,

You have to use  : 
     - Loop Attributes operator (to automate the process with your 300 attributes)
     - a Branch operator (to perform "IF/ELSE" statements).

Please check the process in attached file and please adapt it to your use case...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Lionel

Thanks for the guide. I did try and run the process but some error occur on the branch operator.

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @yeopputra,

Are all your attributes numeric ??? It seems that some of your attributes are nominal.
    In this case , it is impossible to use the "<" comparaison sign in the "condition value" parameter.

In order we can understand what is going on, please share your data and your process..

Regards,

Lionel 

Sorry for the late reply. Yes. It's my bad that I did not notice that there is some nominal attributes. By the way I have remove the nominal attributes and the operator can now run without error but the result only show blank result (no attributes)

I attached my data set here for your reference