Generate Attributes

Lin_0420Lin_0420 Member Posts: 10 Learner I
I want to use the Generate Attributes to generate an attribute that can be added with one when it see true, and added 0 when it see false. Finally, the output is the total number. However, I do not know define it correctly.꒦ິ^꒦ິ
Please help me,thanks

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi!

How are your data structured? Do you have different attributes with true/false and you're interested in the number of true values in that row?

This could be solved with converting true/false to 1/0 (Map operator), parsing these numbers (Parse Numbers) and summing up the values (Generate Aggregation).

Regards,
    Balázs

Answers

• Lin_0420Lin_0420 Member Posts: 10 Learner I
    edited October 2021
    Thank you!!!@BalazsBarany.You're so cool.But I don't quite understand what the principle is. Can you tell me?Could you please say something? Even if only a little ୧⍢⃝୨
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

Map takes values and changes them into other values. You could change male to m, female to f, or true to 1 and false to 0, whatever you need.

Parse Numbers does exactly what it says: It converts nominal (text) attributes that contain numbers into numeric attributes.

Generate Aggregation is very powerful. It can calculate sum, average, minimum and so on for every row of the input. Contrast this with the Aggregate operator which groups rows together to calculate the result. Generate Aggregation works on the columns of each row and just adds a new attribute.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Lin_0420Lin_0420 Member Posts: 10 Learner I
    Thank you very much!👍👍👍@BalazsBarany.