Options

Is it possible to assign more weights to certain features before model building?

Somnath_DasSomnath_Das Member Posts: 31 Maven
I want to assign more weights to certain features which i find important before model building. And then send it to the model so that model can also understand that these are the important features. Is there a way to do this in rapidminer? Please guide me

Answers

• Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @Somnath_Das

Into Modeling-> Feature Weights you have an interesting Operator named Weight by User Specification. 
    Here you can definte the weight for your attributes.

Best, 

Cesar
  • Options
    Somnath_DasSomnath_Das Member Posts: 31 Maven
    Thanks for the reply, I have seen the operator. Now, can you please help me in understanding how do I send this user specified weights into the model?
  • Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @Somnath_Das

I can't understand the context of your problem. If you have a dataset with multiple attributes and you want to reduce the number of it to simplify interpretation, reduce the computational cost of your solution, etc., you can perform a feature selection analysis, in Rapidminer you have several methods and examples for that. If you know that certain attributes are relevant to your model, you can perform a weight analysis to discriminate the relevant attributes and match them with the other attributes that you know are relevant.

Best, 

Cesar