How to end a loop early

AndryehAndryeh Member Posts: 8 Learner I
Near the beginning of my process I loop through a bunch of different examplesets that usually ends up with nothing left if it's not one I want to use. At that point I start getting "Input is missing" problems. Is there anything like the continue statement in Python? How can I handle all these issues without turning my process into a mess?

Best Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

I usually solve this with an outer loop and an inner Branch operator that checks the additional conditions (e. g. break criterion).

Regards,
    Balázs
  • AndryehAndryeh Member Posts: 8 Learner I
    Solution Accepted
    Thanks, that's how I've solved it. It seems counter-productive to the whole RapidMiner ethos having to do this. RM is supposed to produce readable processes (ie, boxes and lines rather than code) but by having to bury them all inside subprocesses it makes everything confusing. It's a pain that there seems to be so much thought put into how you can change the flow of data dynamically but there only seems to be small handful of processes that can actually change the order of execution.