Options

Windows11- tabs and menu pop windows display errors

tomMEMtomMEM Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
Hello, I try to transfer RM to a new notebook running Windows11 Pro with AMD processor and RTX GC.
Whereas the installation of RM was convenient, the different RM displays are not updating, freezing or mixing up with time.
It is the only Software on that computer that shows such behavior, so that some settings seem to be in need of adjustments.
Would be great to get an advice.
Best. T

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Hello, thank you for the suggestions.

I added "%JAVA%" %JVM_OPTIONS% -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -cp "% to the batch file and started it.
    Indeed it prevented the display errors - inducible by going to preferences/backend and click scroll down menu to the right.

However starting by using the old desktop shortcut took RM back to display error behavior.
    Looks like I have to use a display shortcut for the batch file instead, because it gives a stable RM display, 
    or add something into the shortcut properties.

Thank you.
    T

• Options
    edited January 2022
    In addition, it seems to be more convenient to add to "System Environment Variables" a New Variable with the Name "JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS" and the Variable value "-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false", reboot, and start with RM.exe.  Best, T