Options

How can I export conclusion from this confusion matrix table ?

GeorgeOik1999GeorgeOik1999 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
I have 4 chest pain types , what is the actual correlation between reality and predictions? Should I take into account the recall or the precision?

Best Answer

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi!

The classical correlation is defined for two sets of numbers, it can't be calculated for this matrix. The accuracy (percentage of correct results) is what you get, and you are probably interested in the recall. 

The importance of precision and recall (specificity and sensitivity) depends on the use case. Sometimes you're interested in a high recall for one class, sometimes in a high precision or the overall accuracy.

Here you have a very imbalanced data set with lots of ASY cases which skews the predictions into that direction. This results in a good recall for this class but bad values for the others. You might want to downsample that class, or use example weights so the models can predict the other classes better.

Regards,

Balázs

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,508 RM Data Scientist
    this really really depends on your use case.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany