Animated Plots Extension

btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
edited January 2022 in Help
Are there any examples of what a config file might look like for a plot, as it appears to be required for this extension.  At the very least, it throws a warning, and even though we can "run anyway" when using Plot Data (after changing the compatibility version to 9.9), it's not really clear what is happening under the hood.

I would love to play around with extension, especially for the gif creation, but both Tutorial Processes fail to run seamlessly and and they aren't very clear in terms of how one might adapt these Operators for our own domain and use-case.

FWIW, I am on RM 9.10, and the Animated Plots extension is on the latest version. 

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    edited January 2022
    Hi @btibert ,
    you can store the config from the visualizations. The floppy disc from the lower left.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    Thanks Martin, but I don't see a floppy disc.  Adding a screenshot of the results pane.  For context, this is after running the Tutorial Process for Plot Data, and clicking Run Anyway.  

• btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    This is very helpful!  It made a lot of sense following your workflow in the video; I was simply following the Tutorial process blindly and clearly facing issues.  And +100 for the Open File operator, I never would have thought to use that.  So many hidden gems in RM.