New Added Operators Lacking MetaData

btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
I don't remember this "issue" coming up as frequently as it has in the past, but this semester, I have noticed that in RM 9.10, the newly connected operators are unware to the metadata from earlier in the process.  I do have Sync MetaData checked, but I am unaware of any other "fix" or flow that I should be following.  To demonstrate what I believe is a common flow, I recorded a video highlighting my situation/issue.

https://youtu.be/MMYZDRtywoI

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    if you don't run the wizard you need to define the meta data manually. There is a list for it in the Read CSV operator. The wizard is doing this for you, which is of course way nicer.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    Giving this a bump.  Is the recommended path here to write (e.g. Store) the objects and Retrieve them?  Simply the flow would be to grab our external data, store it, retrieve it, and then move proceed?  
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    did you runt he wizard on your Read CSV operator? That populates the meta data.

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    I did not, I wasn't aware you could do that when the dataset is on the web.  
    Interesting.  I don't recall this being an issue in the past.  Regardless, it is what it is, but filling the metadata in manually defeats the purpose in my opinion and is not feasible for larger real-world datasets.  I will instruct my students to store the object and then re-introduce the dataset into the process.  Thanks for your guidance on this.
    Absolutely. I always configure the operator using the wizard. Sometime just on a sample data set.

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    But this only works if your data are local right?  99% of the I use in class is not available locally; we grab it from the web or hit other external sources.
    then i use open File and store to have it on my disc for the first time.
    Dortmund, Germany