Options

Problems in the installation of Rapidminer

ricardo98pricardo98p Member Posts: 2 Newbie
My Rapidminer does not start correctly and I do not know what the problem is. I cannot create a local repository, the program says that it does not have the permissions but I have given all the permissions to all the files.

java.net.BindException: Permission denied (Bind failed)
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:93)
ADVERTENCIA: Cannot retrieve key, probably no one was created: java.io.IOException: Cannot retrieve key: /home/argos98p/.RapidMiner/cipher.key (No such file or directory)
java.io.IOException: Cannot retrieve key: /home/argos98p/.RapidMiner/cipher.key (No such file or directory)
ADVERTENCIA: Failed to create default repository.
com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: No such directory /home/argos98p/Documents/RapidMiner/Local Repository

those are the first errors in the logs. My java -version: openjdk version "1.8.0_312"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_312-8u312-b07-0ubuntu1~20.04-b07)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.312-b07, mixed mode)
Can you help me?

Answers

• Options
    bpimperbpimper Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    hello @ricardo98p,

Due to both log messages related to permission problems, in my mind it looks like the user which runs the OpenJDK has no permissions on the related folders.
    Please check which user runs the OpenJDK and check the permissions of this user to the related folders.

Regards,
    bpimper
  • Options
    ricardo98pricardo98p Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have given all the permissions to the user, I have even executed it with the root user and the error persists
  • Options
    bpimperbpimper Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hello @ricardo98p

If the permissions are right, can you check if the mentioned file exists?

Regards,
    Bence