Can any one help me with how to perform linear regression in rapidminer

Aravind_YadavAravind_Yadav Member Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi,
I have got an error while applying linear regression please find the screenshot and help me with this issue

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You can use "Nominal to Numerical" to encode the categorical data to 0/1 numbers, by creating new attributes. Dummy coding is a good choice.

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Hi @Aravind_Yadav
    Remember that the linear regression doesn't work with nominal attributes, the model is waiting for numerical data.

Best,

Cesar
  • Aravind_YadavAravind_Yadav Member Posts: 4 Newbie

• Aravind_YadavAravind_Yadav Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    I have tried and getting the error can anyone please help with this issue?
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

You connected Group Models in a wrong way.
    The first input of Group Models should be the pre output of Nominal to Numerical. The second will be the actual model (mod output of Linear Regression). Then you will apply the grouped model (the one consisting of NomToNum and the regression) using Apply Model. This makes sure that the same kinds of transformations are applied on both the training and the testing dataset.

Regards,
    Balázs