Error message

User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
I am an information management professor and I am using the book "Data Mining for the Masses" to guide my students through each chapter. One of them is getting the following error message "Cannot instantiate 'custom filters': Attribute 'deterioration' was not found in input data" when adding a 'Filter Example' operator to a dataset. Can someone help? 

Best Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Is it a red or a yellow one?

Likely he did not use the Import Wizard of Read Excel and thus the meta data is not populated and he gets an orange warning.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    that means the data is not there. Likely he renamed it before or something. Also be careful with white spaces in attribute names.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Thank you very much. It is red.
  • User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Thank you, I asked the student to make everything again carefully and the error did not happen. Thank everyone again.