Options

How can I install a 'jar' extension without using market place?

EdgarlopezEdgarlopez Member Posts: 4 Newbie
I downloaded Rapidminer today as student and i was asked to download the Text Mining module / Text Processing extension, however, I have the error below which doesn't have to do with my internet connection:

After several attempts and reset my computer, I downloaded the extension directly from Marketplace (internet browser) called "rmx_text-ANY-9.4.0.jar" at my desktop folder, however, I'm not sure what do to next:

The download has 2 options, the first one doesn't trigger anything, no matter how many times I select "Install in Studio", I guess because the original issue, and 2nd option addressed me to desktop app again Extension/MarketPlace, so it's a dead end.  

Is there a way to manually install the extension?

Best Answer

• Options
    EdgarlopezEdgarlopez Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Solution Accepted
    Thank you !, that solution worked perfectly

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

You can put the manually downloaded extension into your $HOME/.RapidMiner/extensions folder. $HOME is probably something like C:\Users\yourname on Windows and /home/yourname on MacOS or Linux.

Regards,
    Balázs