New user Question: how to split data into 2 sets for statistical analysis

rhumphreysrhumphreys Member Posts: 5 Newbie
Hi I am new so please be kind. 
I am really loving this software and see it as a potential life long love.. haha ok to the question:

I have generated a new column which tells me true or false if X is metropolitan or regional based on the coordinates set out to me.
Now I am trying to split this into 2 sets of data one for regional properties and one for metropolitan properties but having troubles working out which operator to use and how to use it.
the goal is to have statististics on regional properties and metropolitan properties. 

please keep in mind I am not looking for an answer but a gentle point in the right direction might just work. 

Thank you :-)

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

There are three operators for splitting:
    Filter Examples - Splits into 2 data sets with a given condition (i.e. regional = true)
    Filter Example Range - Splits into 2 data sets by their position in the data set (i.e. the first 1000 lines)
    Sample - Takes a random subset from the data

I think you need the first one.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• rhumphreysrhumphreys Member Posts: 5 Newbie
    thank you I used filter examples as you said and also discovered multiply that I put before it... thank you that did the trick :-)