RapidMiner freezes when exporting CSV

octneroctner Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I am running Rapid Miner on my M1 Air with 8GB RAM. Every time I export a CSV file (regardless of its size), Rapid Miner freezes and I have to use Force Quit to stop it. I have tried different CSVs, reinstalling, allocating more (and less) memory, but nothing works. It is able to read the data from CSV during the initial import stage, but once I choose Turbo Prep and import files there, it becomes unresponsive. Is there a fix for this?

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    how big is the file? 8GB are simply not much, given that like half of it is likely used by your OS/other programs.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • octneroctner Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited August 2022
    19 MB. It was able to open other larger files (xls), but does not want to work with this specific file even after converting it to other formats.

Added:
    It's actually using only 3.4 GB of my RAM, but is very heavy on my CPU for some reason. Is it a compatibility issue?