I cannot renew expired educational license

jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
My educational license expired today and the web system did not let me renew until it expired (even though the RM Studio was telling me to renew so that I would not be left out with no tool). See this screen shot - it says EXPIRED! (second from the bottom)
However, when I go to the web site and try renewing, the system says that I cannot do so as my license is still active and I'd be able to renew only after it expired (which I've accepted this very risky approach for the academics). Now I get this:

So now, I have an expired license and I cannot get a new one as the system thinks I have one? And I really do not want a trial license.

Jacob
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    edited July 2020
    Thank you so much Edmond, the fix has come just in time as my new semester started this week. I think some of my students (those who had a license already) have a similar problem, and unfortunately their project is using a 220K example data set.
  • MNNikiforosMNNikiforos Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hello, I am having a similar problem to Jacob's, my educational license expires in Sep 5th 2020 but the web system doesn't let me renew it. I have an important project in September, could you please help me?

Best regards,
    Nefeli
    @MNNikiforos I think the current system want the license to expire first, then you can apply via the Web, having done so you can synchronise your RM with your account online. There seems to be an issue with some delay due to time zones. I am in Australia so my time is ahead of the rest of the world, so had to wait for everybody else to catch up with me before my time for application kicked in. Jacob 
    @jacobcybulski I see. I just cannot afford to be without the tool for a long period. Thank you for your answer!

@MNNikiforos this was exactly my situation, as the expiry happened on the day of my teaching. If you are desperate you may need to talk to @eciorba. Jacob 
  • eciorbaeciorba Member Posts: 15 Maven
    Hi @MNNikiforos,

Unfortunately we didn't find the time to fix this issue yet. If needed we can manually extend your license, so you won't be blocked. Please send an email address so I can identify your account.

Best regards,
    Edmond
    Hello @eciorba, I would really appreciate an extension now to avoid future problems. My email address: p15niki@ionio.gr

Thank you for your reply,
    Nefeli
    The manual renewal is done. 

Best regards,
    Edmond
    @eciorba Thank you very much!
  • WineWine Member Posts: 19 Maven
    Hello, @eciorba

I have exactly the same issue as MNNikiforos. I hope you can help me acquire an educational license. Thank you very much.

Best,
    Wine
  • WineWine Member Posts: 19 Maven
    Hello, @eciorba,

I was able to install my educational license already. Thank you.

Best,
    Wine
    Hello @Wine ,

Glad to hear!

Best regards,
    Edmond
    edited September 2022
    Hello @eciorba,

I am facing the same issue again. Could you help me renew the license please?

I would like to avoid being blocked if possible.

Best regards,
    Nefeli
  • Martin_p_pMartin_p_p Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hello @eciorba,

I have the same issue. Im not be able to renew the license. Could you help me to renew the RapidMiner AI Hub license please?

Kind regards,
    Many thanks!