Can I use a trigger without RM server?

mtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmt Member Posts: 8 Learner I
Hi everyone

I'm taking some data from MSSQL and writing again on SQL. I need a trigger, can I do that without using a server? Pls help

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Thats what the AIHub is for.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • mtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmt Member Posts: 8 Learner I
    thx, but I am a student now, What is the price of the AIhub?
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @mtmtmtmtmt,

check out the script "rapidminer-batch" in your RapidMiner/scripts folder. This can execute the RapidMiner engine from the command line with a process, instead of starting the graphical interface. 

Your operating system certainly has a method for scheduling execution of command line processes regularly. So you can periodically execute a RapidMiner process using this method, although clumsily compared to AI Hub.

A trigger is an event-based method execution. Would you want to react to database changes and execute the process then instead of periodic scheduling? This is a bit more complicated but would be better solved with a long-running RapidMiner process that loops and/or waits for the changes and then starts the process you'd like to execute.

Regards,
    Balázs
    edited September 2022
    hi @BalazsBarany
    Thanks for your answer. Can you help me for the find scripts. I could not find.

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

In my installation folder (where the RapidMiner-Studio.sh file is) there's a subfolder called "scripts". This might be in your C:\Program Files folder if you're using Windows.

If you don't find it on your computer, you can extract it from the Linux download file of Studio:
    https://my.rapidminer.com/nexus/account/index.html#downloads

(There is a Windows and a Mac file in the scripts folder in this archive, regardless of the name of the download link. This is actually the universal version of RM Studio that works on every operating system with a compatible Java runtime.)

Regards,
    Balázs
    hi @BalazsBarany
    I found it. Thank you very much. I admire you. But when I clicked to rapidminer-batch folder It is closing suddenly. How can I fix it and what can I text to the command line for starting my rm design?

Hi!

Make yourself familiar with the command line of your operating system. MacOS and Linux are quite similar, Windows is a bit different. 
    Make sure you use the RapidMiner command line script matching your operating system. This is rapidminer-batch.bat for Windows, rapidminer-batch.sh for Linux and so on.

Use your terminal or command line application to navigate to the RapidMiner scripts path. Then enter the RapidMiner command line script name, followed by the full path (including the repository name) to the process you'd like to start.

This is how I run the program on Linux:
    bash ./rapidminer-batch.sh "//Local\\ Repository/processes/Reporting\\ Demo"
    As you can see, my repository name and also the process name have spaces in them. The entire path of my process is inside the "double quotes", and spaces are additionally escaped with \\. This will depend on your operating system and command line shell.

When this works when called manually, you can use the command scheduler of your operating system (e. g. cron on Linux) to execute the command regularly, e. g. every day or every hour.

Regards,
    Balázs

hello @BalazsBarany
    I have taken a fault message: Access is denied. What I should do?
    Hi,

you should provide better diagnostic information. Which operating system are you using, what did you enter, what was the command output etc.

Regards,
    Balázs
    hello,

C:\Users\mustafa.tanis>"C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\scripts\rapidminer-batch" C:\Users\mustafa.tanis\Downloads\resourceemmm.rmp

I wrote like above, I use windows os

the fault message is access denied on command block
    Hi!

In my example I refer to a repository path. That's a path you see inside RapidMiner. 

Don't call the script with the file path. Use the path in your repository:
    //repository/folder/process

Regards,
    Balázs
    C:\Users\mustafa.tanis>C:\Users\mustafa.tanis>"C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\scripts\rapidminer-batch" C:\Users\mustafa.tanis\Documents\RapidMiner\Local Repository\processes\mustafaaa.rmp

I see, also I tried like you said, but still have an error : access is denied:(
    btw thank u for help

Hi,

"access denied" comes from your operating system.

Analyze the problem step by step. Can you execute just rapidminer-batch? Do you get this (or a similar) output?

RapidMiner Studio version 9.10.011, Copyright (C) 2001-2022 RapidMiner GmbH
    See End User License Agreement information in the file named EULA.
    Usage: com.rapidminer.launcher.CommandLineLauncher [-f] PROCESS [-Mname=value]
      PROCESS       a repository location containing a process
      -f            interpret PROCESS as a file rather than a repository location (deprecated)
      -Mname=value  sets the macro 'name' with the value 'value'
    If not, you are not calling RapidMiner correctly and you need to fix this yourself.

If this works, look at the output. RapidMiner is very verbose when running. It tells you exactly in the last rows what it can't do.
    For example, if I call it with a wrong process path, it returns:

WARNING: Cannot read process setup //test/test: Cannot locate entry '//test/test': 
        com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryException: Requested repository test does not exist.

This helps you fix the problem.

Regards,
    Balázs