Rapid Miner Cross Validation Operator

Lizzystar55Lizzystar55 Member Posts: 3 Newbie
Hello! I am using RapidMiner in one of my college classes. I am very new to this and we were given data to create a process on our own. One of the steps was to use the Cross Validation operator. However, when I search for it, I cannot find it anywhere! How can I find it?

Answers

• Lizzystar55Lizzystar55 Member Posts: 3 Newbie
    Would split validation be the same thing?
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

Split validation splits your data into two parts: training and test set. This is not the same as cross validation.

Cross Validation is available in the Validation group in the operator tree unless something is seriously wrong with your installation.

The Validation group shows 30 operators (in the parentheses next to the name: "Validation (30)"). What's the number in your Studio?

A shortcut to get a fully set up cross validation operator is pressing Ctrl+B, or right-clicking and selecting "Insert Building Block". There you have X-Validation or Cross Validation for numeric or nominal (categorical) prediction.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Lizzystar55Lizzystar55 Member Posts: 3 Newbie
    Mine says 27 next to Validation