Regression

5we21n5we21n Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello. First time here. I was going to do gross prediction based on movie rating. But I am stuck. I used linear regression and was told that polynominal label not supported. I already changed gross label from poly to bino using Nominal to Binomial. Help me TT

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

What's the type of your rating? Is it a textual label or a number? If text, how many values does it have? Did you check the output of Nominal to Binominal? You can always set a breakpoint on an operator (right click, Breakpoint After) and run the process. You can verify the data type there.

Linear Regression can obviously predict numbers, or two classes by converting to a distinction between 0 and 1. If you have more classes in your ratings, Linear Regression won't help you directly. However, if you prefer to use it, wrap it in a Polynominal by Binominal Classification operator. That automates the prediction of multiple classes with binominal only operators.

Regards,
    Balázs