Huston Data for predict temperature within day

michel7michel7 Member Posts: 26 Maven
edited December 2022 in Help
Hello!

I want to predict the temperature within a day. E.g. based on the last 7 hours predict the temperature in 2 hours.  For the training I want to use the daily data. That means I have over 45,000 examples for training.

Could you give me some suggestions on how to model this?

I know it doesn't make much sense, it's just a matter of applying the technique.

Thank you very much in advance,

Michel
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    did you check the forecasting videos on academy? https://academy.rapidminer.com/catalog?query=forecasting

Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • michel7michel7 Member Posts: 26 Maven
    Hi Martin,

yes of course, several times. But i could not derive of  them my special case. Once again: I want to predict within a day , based on hourly data and  teherefore I have so many time series examples as days.

Warm regards,

Michel
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    wait, so you got daily data and want to do hourly forecasts? How should this work?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    edited December 2022
    Hi,

1. I have only one day data, for every minute one in my case. I can use the time series prediction based on data of a certain day . No problem. E.G based on the data of the last 15 minutes forcasting  for the +5 minute.
    2. But I have several days with data (based on minutes) and  the question is: How could use all those time series data for better predicting ?

Warm regards,

Michel
    edited February 2023
    Hi,

of course I have (as in the Houston example) more data per minute

1) air pressure
    2) amount of precipitation
    3) wind speed
    4) humidity
    5) wind direction

Regards,