A new user just getting started using RapidMiner on a Chromebook

AJMGiraffeAJMGiraffe Member Posts: 6 Newbie
I have downloaded the zip file and tried to open the .sh extension, which I believe should enable me to view agreements and then start using the program. However; I just have script when I open this file, no other options are available to me. As you can see I am not a computer geek, can someone please help?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 274 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

Chromebooks are not officially supported.

Since you described yourself as "not a computer geek" i would strongly advise against trying to do this.

RapidMiner Studio is a Java Application, Version 9 requires Java 8 and Version 10 Java 11.

I won't link any guides here on installing java applications on a Chromebook and i also don't have a Chromebook at hand to be able to offer any kind of support.

Greetings,
    Jonas

• AJMGiraffeAJMGiraffe Member Posts: 6 Newbie
    Solution Accepted
    Thanks Jonas. I have just read and watched so many 'how to' guides, and I don't trust them so I haven't gone forward. The next step for me is a PC x64, I will come back to it then. Thank you so much for jumping in with some advice Jonas, much appreciated. You will see me back when I have the right unit!! Cheers, Anthony
  • jwpfaujwpfau Employee, Member Posts: 274 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi Ant,

a new question is always the preferred way.

Greetings,
    Jonas

Answers

Hey Jonas,

How are you my friend? Hope you are ok.

So you said I could come back to you with anything else related to this message, would this be ok? I am just asking before I post out to the community, hope you don't mind.

Thanks, Ant
    Thanks Jonas. I have just posed a new enquiry - if you see it and have any thoughts, I would really appreciate hearing them. Cheers, Ant