Options

Big Data and Rapid Minner

NamDANamDA Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Xin chào tất cả mọi người, I am a student of data analysis, let me ask Rapid Miner for pure and Rapid Miner for Big Data, what is the difference? Tell me clearly
Thank you

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

there is no separate product "RapidMiner for Big Data". That's just a use case of RapidMiner.

RapidMiner Studio is the base software. It can be extended with some extensions from the Marketplace - for example Radoop for analyzing big data in a Hadoop cluster.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    NamDANamDA Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    That's right, can you tell me what is the use case of Rapid Miner for BigData?
    Thank you so much
  • Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

There are many use cases for "Big Data" - whatever that is. Every time you gather such an amount of data that classical IT processes and products are not enough to process it, you can call it "Big Data". So the use case is mainly defined by the problem to solve.

I've been working in data analytics for two decades and I've rarely been in projects where "classical IT" (relational databases, servers, machine learning and visualization tools) couldn't process the amount of data and special measures and tools were needed. 

You know that you have a Big Data use case when it forces you to think about these things. 

Regards,
    Balázs