'Set Role' doesn't have 'set additional roles' option.

JeanetteJeanette Member Posts: 4 Newbie
My program is updated to date. However, I have lost the 'set additional roles' function in the Set Role processor. How to get it back? I couldn't find another 'Set Role' in the Marketplace. 
Tagged:

Answers

• ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Jeanette,

The new screen is similar to other RM Operator.

1-  Edit the list - This option open the menu.
    2- Here you can select the attribute and Role, 
    3-  You can add more entries and select the attribute and role.

Best, 

Cesar

• JeanetteJeanette Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Yes, but the target role doesn't contain the options I need - 'user identification' and 'item identification. it doesn't allow overwriting. 
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm afraid the concept of user-defined roles is gone and cannot come back. This has to do with changes to the underlying data core and its performance optimizations.

Let's explore this question from a different angle though: What exactly did you do with your custom roles, why did you need them?
    Obviously there still needs to be a way to accomplish your tasks.

Regards,
    Marco
    I tried to run the user-user and item-item collaborative recommendation systems.
    I was told I needed to use 'id identification' and 'item identification' in the Rapidminer to define two additional roles. 
  • ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 517 Unicorn
    Hi @Janette
    @Marco_Boeck suggested is better to find a new way to solve the problem but you can use the old one to compare results. 

Please find attached a dummy model with the old opperator

Best
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I have no idea what that is, so it is not something supported by us.

As @ceaperez pointed out, you can use the workaround to get the old operator if really need it for some legacy system, but access to it is no longer naturally available in future release of RapidMiner Studio.

Therefore it would be best if whatever needed those roles got updated to no longer need that - hence my question for more details :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • ashreimashreim Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    I am trying to use Item K-NN which is expecting item identification and user identification. Obviously with RM 10 you can edit these roles and you can't set them as they are not available. Someone said to use Metdata but that also is not working. Question: what is needed to use the K-NN operator?

• Offer_vtOffer_vt Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Can you solve user identification?  Can you share with me?